Cebu is also known as Sugbu in Cebuano. Cebu is a province of the Philippines, in the country’s Central Visayas region, comprising Island and more than 150 smaller surrounding islands and islets. Its prosperous port capital, The City, retains landmarks from its 16th-century Spanish colonial past, including the Basilica Minor del Santo Niño church and triangular Fort San Pedro, Tops Lookout, Sirao Garden, Temple of Leah, an observation deck on Mt. Busay, has sweeping views over the city.
This beautiful island is considered by many as the Historic City landmark, a center for commerce, trade, and industry. Chosen as the top most livable city in Asia News Magazine. Commonly known as the Queen City of the South, because it seats right almost in the center map of the Philippines. With over 866,171 thousand population in 2010. Today, the city is rapidly booming with huge businesses such as BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) companies, call centers, and other establishments, including small and medium companies around the globe, are also investing in this city. With growing economy, the city now offers a lot of jobs for local residents living here.
While you’re in Cebu, One thing you don’t want to miss is to eat PUSO a popular rice in the city and all Cebuano’s love it. I promise you the taste is as good as heaven perfect combination for a barbecue or any grilled fish out there.
History in Cebu
The name “Cebu” originated from the old Cebuano word Sibu or Sibo. Cebuanos belongs to the Visayan language in short Bisaya, which is their own dialect, a popular language used by a lot of people living in the City.
This City has the following:
- World’s 6th Biggest Mall
- Historic Destinations
- White Sand Beaches
- Beautiful Islands
- Luxury Resorts
- Scuba Diving Sites
- Colon Street (Oldest Street)
- Sinulog Festival
- Friendly Locals
The province of Cebu contains some of the most beautiful beaches in the Philippines. Here are the Top 10 Popular Destinations.
Top Beaches in Cebu:
- Cebu City (Dive Sites & Beach Resorts)
- Oslob (Whale sharks, Waterfalls, Beaches, Canyoning, Nightlife)
- Moalboal (Beaches, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving)
- Malapascua Island (Beaches, Seaside Resorts)
- Argao (Beaches, Seaside Resorts, Waterfalls, Caves, Castles)
- Lapu-Lapu City (Beaches, Monuments, Seaside Resorts, Snorkeling)
- Aloguinsan (Beaches, Ecotourism, Rivers, Seaside Resorts, Backpacking)
- Balambam (Zip-lining, Beaches, Mountains, Seaside Resorts, Waterfalls)
- Badian (Beaches, Seaside Resorts, Waterfalls, Canyoning, Rivers)
- Carcar (Museums, Churches, Beaches, Seaside Resorts, History)
Area code: 32
Area: 4,933 km²
Population in 2016: 922,611