A Bitcoin wallet is a collection of private keys but may also refer to client software used to manage those keys and to make transactions on the Bitcoin network. Bitcoin is different from what you know and uses every day. Before you start using Bitcoin for any serious transaction, be sure to read what you need to know and take appropriate steps to secure your wallet. Always remember that it is your responsibility to choose your wallet carefully and adopt good practices in order to protect your money. In line with this, I have listed the 5 Most Popular Bitcoin Wallets That You Should Use.
Here are the 5 Most Popular Bitcoin Wallets That You Should Use
Coinbase is the world’s most popular way to buy and sell bitcoin and Ethereum. Coinbase is the world’s most popular bitcoin and Ethereum wallet. We make it easy to securely buy, use, store, and accept bitcoin, and Ethereum. Coinbase for iOS has been designed from the ground up to provide the best possible digital money experience on mobile.
Additional features include:
- Send and request bitcoin and ether
- Track bitcoin and ether price anywhere with bitcoin price charts, bitcoin price ticker, and price alerts
- Check balance, transaction history and transaction details for all your accounts at a glance
- Send bitcoin, and ether via email, QR code, with zero transaction fees
- Bank-level security means your bitcoins and ether are safe
- Set a passcode to protect the app
- Remotely disable your phone’s access if it is lost or stolen
- Real-time and historical bitcoin and ether price charts
Blockchain is the world’s leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we are using new technology to build a radically better financial system. Our software has powered over 100M transactions and empowered users in 140 countries across the globe to transact quickly and without costly intermediaries. We also offer tools for developers and real-time transaction data for users to analyze the burgeoning digital economy.
- Simple – We make using Bitcoin safe, simple, and fun. You can instantly transact with anyone in the world.
- Cross-platform – Desktop, iOS, and Android apps allow you to access your Bitcoin wallet from any device, anytime, anywhere.
- Global – 20+ currency conversion rates, including JPY, RUB, SGD, USD, CNY, EUR, GDP, and much more. 25+ languages
- Safe & Secure – Our step-by-step Security Center helps you backup your funds, and protect them from unauthorized access.
- Supported – Should you need help, our team will be there for you.
- Sophisticated – Hierarchical deterministic addresses. Dynamic transaction fees.
- Monitoring and spending from Watch Only addresses.
Mycelium started as a team of hardware engineers in 2008 with a mesh networking project. With the emerge of Bitcoin, Mycelium naturally leaned towards the new promising technology. To date, Mycelium has developed and launched three successful products in the bitcoin field: Wallet, Entropy, and Gear.
With the Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet, you can send and receive Bitcoins using your mobile phone. The unparalleled cold storage functionality allows you to 100% secure your funds until you are ready to spend them, works for your paper wallets, private keys, master seeds:
- 100% control over your private keys, they never leave your device unless you export them
- No blockchain download, install and run in seconds
- HD enabled – manage multiple accounts and never reuse addresses (BIP32, BIP44)
- Ultrafast connection to the Bitcoin network through our supernodes
- Watch-only addresses & private key import for secure cold-storage integration
- Secure your wallet with a PIN
- Compatible with other bitcoin services through bitcoin: URI handling
- Support for BIP38 Keys
- Find other people to trade Bitcoins with in person using our Local Trader feature.
The Xapo Wallet provides a way to manage your funds when you want and where you want. All it takes is the click of a button, the sending of an email, or the swipe of your Xapo Debit Card. The Xapo iOS App is a mobile bitcoin wallet and vault that combines convenience and industry-leading security for managing your bitcoins and sending money to friends or family. Simply scan a QR code or enter an email address, name or wallet/vault address to instantly send money anywhere in the world.
All transactions are synced across all of your devices in real-time and are protected by an intense, bank-level security protocol that was recently called the “Fort Knox of bitcoin storage” by the Wall Street Journal.
- Xapo Bitcoin Wallet: Functions just like a checking account for managing daily spending
- Xapo Bitcoin Vault: The only fully insured Bitcoin storage solution on the market
- Send and receive bitcoins in two clicks
- Two-factor authentication
- Earn bits by sharing Xapo on your social networks
- Check the price of bitcoin and other stats in real-time
- Zero network transaction fees
Typical Bitcoin wallets have a single private key, making your Bitcoin susceptible to theft and loss. Our multi-signature technology issues three keys for your wallet, two of which are required to send Bitcoin. Unlike most other Bitcoin companies, BitGo doesn’t have the ability to access your Bitcoin. We only hold one key, which isn’t sufficient to transact on your behalf.
You control the second key, and a third key is stored offline as a backup. If a single key is compromised, your Bitcoin can’t be stolen. This makes our wallet virtually hack-proof. BitGo requires two-factor authentication and uses enterprise-grade security measures to ensure full protection of your Bitcoin. Read more technical details in the whitepaper authored by BitGo’s CEO about how we use P2SH (BIP 16) to create a multi-signature wallet. A diagram from the whitepaper comparing Bitcoin wallet architectures can be seen below.
Those are your 5 Most Popular Bitcoin Wallets That You Should Use. Are you a Bitcoin user? What is your experience? Please leave a comment down below!