Starlink, the satellite-based internet service developed by SpaceX and led by Elon Musk, has launched in the Philippines, providing high-speed internet access to remote areas and islands previously underserved or without internet access, thanks to its low-earth orbit satellite network which promises reliable and fast connectivity.
Starlink Internet Service Now Available in the Philippines: Bringing High-Speed Internet to Remote Areas
We will examine the hype of Starlink’s internet service and its features and benefits and how it distinguishes itself from traditional internet providers as well as its potential impact on internet connectivity in the Philippines. Additionally, we will offer tips on how to begin using Starlink and maximize its benefits.
The features and benefits of Starlink’s internet service
- High-speed internet connectivity via satellite
- Low-latency internet service, ideal for online gaming and video conferencing
- Mobile app for easy account management and troubleshooting
- The Compact and easy-to-install user equipment
- Global coverage that can reach areas traditional ISPs cannot
- Improved internet access for remote and underserved areas, including rural communities and islands
- Reliable and fast internet connectivity, even in areas with poor or no wired internet infrastructure
- Enhanced opportunities for remote work, online education, and e-commerce in the Philippines
- Reduced digital divide and improved digital inclusion
- Freedom to live and work in more remote areas without sacrificing internet connectivity.
Here is the comparison between traditional ISPs and Starlink
How much is Starlink?
- Starlink requires you to purchase a Starlink Kit worth Php 29,320 (VAT Inclusive, Shipping, Taxes, and Customs Fee Included).
- Two options are available for Residential/Consumer Plans.
– Residential Plan – Php 2,700 per Month (VAT Included)
– RV Plan – Php 3,300 per Month (VAT Included)
- You can add a Portability option (you can bring equipment outside your residence) for an additional Php 600 per Month.
Note: Prices may be changed at any time without further notice.
How to order Starlink (Tips)
- Visit the Starlink website to check availability and order the equipment
- Set up the Starlink equipment according to the instructions provided
- Connect your devices to the Starlink network and enjoy high-speed internet
- Take advantage of Starlink’s low-latency internet service for online gaming or video conferencing
- Use Starlink’s mobile app to manage your account, check data usage, and troubleshoot issues.
Overall, Starlink’s satellite-based internet service may be a better option for those living in remote or underserved areas in the Philippines. While traditional ISPs may be a more cost-effective and reliable option for those living in more populated urban areas with established infrastructure. Ultimately, the choice between Starlink and traditional ISPs will depend on individual needs and circumstances.