For someone who struggles with drinking or alcoholism, taking a trip to a new place may cause someone to relapse because of the exciting, new experience. While alcohol rehab, of course, is always an option to stay on the right path. When visiting somewhere like the Philippines, you are faced with temptation everywhere. Being a beautiful country, it does have several tourist spots, but you can find plenty of exciting things to do without worrying about bingeing or relapsing. Even though alcohol rehab teaches you how to live a life of sobriety, putting yourself in an alcohol-free environment is the best bet for staying sober.
Day Trips and Excursions
When you visit somewhere like the Philippines, you are surrounded by several small islands you can take a day trip to. When choosing a day trip, you should take into consideration if there might be a bar or alcohol being served, so you do not have to go to alcohol rehab. These islands hold beautiful waterfalls, beaches, and landscapes, and are packed full of history that teaches you about the different cultures. These day trips include several different fun excursions for you and your family. Some of the top ones are the following:
- Underground River Day Trip (Puerto Princesa City)
- Honda Bay Island Hopping
- Whale Shark Swimming (Cebu)
- Tagaytay Taal Volcano Day Trip (Manila)
- Coron Island Ecotours
- Private Bohol and Chocolate Hills (Loboc River Cruise)
- Pagsanjan Falls Adventure (Manila)
- Zoobic Safari
- Historical Sightseeing Tour: World War II and Corregidor (Manila)
- Hidden Valley Springs Resort (Manila)
- Saint Paul Subterranean River National Park
These day trips allow you to relax, have fun, shop, eat, and all without worrying about being tempted to have a drink.
Water and Caves
While on the day trips, you might visit some of the different islands or see a variety of landmarks, but you will be hiking snorkeling, sightseeing, etc., so you might not get to relax as much as you would hope. That is why you can take trips to the different bodies of water and caves where you can still relax while getting to take in all of the beauty the Philippines has to offer. You can do all this while choosing to remain sober and following the rules, alcohol rehab has set for us. These are just a few of the top, and best places to travel:
- Twin Lagoon
- Kayangan Lake
- Small Lagoon
- Hundred Islands
- Malcapuya Island
- Entellus Island
- Matukad Island
- Sumaguing Cave
- Lumiang Cave
- Cantabon Cave
- Barracuda Lake
- Big Lagoon
They include breathtaking views and the magnificent culture that the people of the Philippines love to teach. Most of their culture is the exact same as it was hundreds of years ago so; you are getting to experience it just the way everyone else has.
When staying at a hotel, especially when trying to avoid relapse, you must keep in mind that most hotels come stocked with a minibar and might even have a regular bar located on their grounds. To avoid going on a vacation drinking binge, you must choose a hotel that is not exactly the party spot but is still packed with fun and gives you all the best luxuries. You should choose a hotel that you can not only afford but gives you and your family the best treatment that can be expected. The hotels that are listed below give you a glimpse of the many different options you have that can keep you on the right path of choosing yourself and sobriety first.
- Raffles Makati (Makati, Philippines)- A thirty-story architectural masterpiece that offers the highest quality rooms and service, as seen by its five-star rating.
- The Peacock Garden (Baclayon, Philippines)- With a 4.5-star rating this hotel is located on a hillside and has a spa that can help you have the most fun on your trip.
- Villa Camilla Beach Boutique Hotel (Boracay, Milay)- Located on a beautiful white beach and offers affordable luxury. They offer a beach club and lots of different foods so that you can get the most out of your stay.
- The Lind Boracay (Boracay, Malay)- This fun-filled hotel offers you exciting dinner and entertainment options every night along with a world-class spa so that you can leave refreshed after a great trip.
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island (El Nido, Philippines)- Located between a forest and a lagoon, this hotel is surrounded by beauty and tranquility. They offer different children’s activities so that not only you but your family as well can have some fun.
- Amanpulo (Palawan Province, Philippines)- Amanpulo was built on its very own private island in the Sulu Sea and is the epitome of what a tropical paradise should be. Between the privacy, relaxation, fun, and family-friendly environment it is no wonder this hotel is worth five stars.
- Atmosphere Resorts and Spa (Dauin, Philippines)- This beautiful hotel gives you a home-away-from-home feeling while being located on an old seven-acre coconut plantation. Family and kid-friendly, this hotel gives you the best experience at the best prices.
While every day trip, excursion, cave, beach, and hotel was not listed, we gave you a sneak peek at some of the best options for someone looking to have fun but choosing not to drink alcohol. Not only is it important to have a good time while on and planning a trip, but it is even more important to keep yourself sober, happy, and healthy. Heavy drinking is a huge risk and can take a toll on someone’s body after a while. If you are struggling with staying sober, a good decision would be to visit an alcohol rehab. They have many different options and will work with you to choose the one that will benefit you the most. While vacation spots are usually filled with alcohol, the Philippines is a great choice because the culture focuses less on substances like that and more on maintaining its classic, humble roots.